Posted on 4/24/2020
At Kessler Rehabilitation Center, there is nothing more important to us than your health and safety during this unprecedented time. The Department of Homeland Security and state governments have deemed physical therapy an essential component of health care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic; therefore, many of our centers remain open to serve those in need. We are taking extensive preventative measures, guided by the CDC, to protect our patients and employees who enter our centers.
We hope that by providing this information, you can make a clear decision to continue your plan of care with us during this time. The following protocols are now in place:
- Patient Screening: All center patients are screened at the time of their appointment confirmation phone call. For centers located in our inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, patients are screened prior to admission. This process includes taking patients’ temperatures. Patients presenting any level of symptoms do not receive therapy until they are cleared.
- Staff Screening: All employees are screened daily upon arrival at the center, including temperature monitoring. Those presenting any level of symptoms are removed from the center and undergo the required 14-day self-quarantine, not returning to the center until they are cleared.
- Masking: All therapists are universally masked and we are now requiring patients in our centers to be masked as well.
- TeleRehab: Offering TeleRehab to all patients who would prefer to be treated in the safety and comfort of their home.
- Hygiene Protocols: Continuous reinforcement with staff regarding hand washing. In addition, general environmental controls are in place, including deep cleaning of centers with EPA approved cleaners.
- Procurement Audit: Assessment of equipment and supplies to ensure centers are fully prepared to handle potential exposure to COVID-19.
- Employee Safety: Ongoing education and communication to all center employees.
That said, if you do not feel comfortable coming to a center for care during this time, we will gladly reschedule your appointment for a later date. In addition, many of our locations are now offering TeleRehab services so that you can easily connect with one of our licensed therapists through web-based technology that is HIPAA compliant. Learn more.
For patients coming to our centers for care, we ask that you please limit the number of people who accompany you to your appointments, unless they are necessary for transportation or assistance. If for any reason you are not feeling well, please contact the center and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
To help prevent the virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean/disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Thank you for helping us ensure the safety of our patients and employees, as well as families of both.
Posted on 3/27/2020
Kessler Rehabilitation Center now offers physical, occupational and speech therapy from the comfort and safety of your home through our TeleRehab program.
If you're limited by travel, injury or a weakened immune system, we will virtually bring our services to you so you may heal, build strength and get back to the things you love.
What is TeleRehab?
TeleRehab lets you easily connect with one of our licensed therapists through web-based technology, all from the convenience of your home. Sessions are delivered one-on-one in real-time, and are private, secure and adhere to HIPAA requirements.
How does it work?
TeleRehab sessions may be offered in place of or in addition to in person center sessions, dependent upon your condition and preference. All you need is a computer or device with a camera, microphone and internet access to begin.
- Simply click a link we'll send you - no downloads or accounts necessary!
- Just like the care you'd receive in our center, we'll cover:
- Pertinent paperwork
- Exercises, education and techniques to address your pain and impairments
- Instruction on how to best move forward with your therapy program
Our physical, occupational and speech therapists will work with you to make sure TeleRehab is right for you. No prescription or physician referral is needed. Our goal is to help you feel better physically while making sure you're comfortable and an active partner throughout your treatment. For more information about TeleRehab, call 866.33.REHAB.
Posted on 2/11/2020
Kessler Rehabilitation Center, the state’s leading provider of physical therapy services, opened its newest facility in Manalapan at 300 Gordons Corner Road, on Monday, February 10. The center, located at Yorktowne Center, offers outpatient physical therapy services to individuals with sports and orthopedic injuries, arthritic conditions, balance disorders and work-related injuries.
“Our new center provides specialized services, such as kinesio taping, instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization and other advanced treatments, along with the proven therapies to best assist our patients in reaching their rehabilitation goals,” explained center manager Michelle Waga-Cabunag, P.T. A resident of Manalapan, Michelle is an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist, holds certifications as a Strength & Conditioning Specialist and in the McKenzie method of mechanical diagnosis and therapy®, and is trained in Selective Functional Movement Assessments and blood flow restriction.
According to Jane Aviles, P.T., regional director and also a Manalapan resident, “We are proud to bring this exceptional level of care and physical therapy services to the residents of Manalapan, Englishtown, Monroe and our surrounding communities.”
In 2019, Kessler Rehabilitation Center was named the Best Physical Therapy center in Monmouth County by Monmouth Health & Life magazine. This new center is part of a network of more than 95 Kessler Rehabilitation Center locations throughout the state and is currently scheduling appointments. They can be reached at 732-851-7642. No prescription is required.
Kessler Rehabilitation Center accepts most insurance plans, offers flexible scheduling and the convenience of multiple centers in the area to best meet your needs. To make an appointment or for more information, call 866.33.REHAB or visit www.kessler-pt.com. Follow Kessler on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.